Monday, August 30, 2010

More photos from Fells Reservation trip

Me on the boulder -  GM 2010
I have been going though the mass of photos taken from my trip to Fells Reservation.  As mentioned in my other post about the trip, the pond was dried up leaving it as a boggy marshland.  The friend I was hiking with insisted we walk along the logs that lead to mini-island in the center of the pond.  There was a boulder that was at the end of the logs and about 20 feet of very wet mud separating us from the island.  I sat on the boulder as my friend attempted to go ahead of me though the mud laying some dead branches down to act as a bridge.  The picture of me on the rock was taken by my friend from the island.  I was about to put my camera away when I was told to look up for the picture.  What I like about this picture is that you can see a waterline on the boulder that shows the level of how deep the pond is usually.

The other picture that I found from that trip was the one of raccoon prints I saw in the mud.  They look like little hand prints.  If you click on the picture you can see it bigger.  There are other interesting animal tracks through the mud you can find in this picture.   What do you see?  What do you think happened here?

Have any of you gone on a hike lately?  I want to hear about your adventures and if you have made any interesting discoveries.  Send me your pictures and tell me your stories, you might just find it here for others to read about.  So what are you waiting for? Come along and Meet Me Outdoors!!

1 comment:

  1. The photo of you on a rock brings back childhood memories for me of Boston. We had a HUGE rock in our Lexington backyard when I was growing up. I was sure it was huge (like 6') because it was a tough climb and I remember it as being over my head. But, a number of years ago, I realized that I lived in that house when I was between the ages of 3-5. So my HUGE rock was probably 2 feet tall. Maybe.

    Along with wild blueberries, I also have memories of "lady slippers" being in the equally HUGE forest behind our house. I've never seen them in the wild, since. Are they local to New England? Are they in bloom now?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write your comments here. Or you can send an me email with drawings or photos of your findings: meetmeoutdoors.mail@gmail.com.

If you are not sure where to start here are some ideas to get you started:
- Why do you like to go outdoors?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where is your favorite outdoor place to explore?
- What adventure would you like to see me go next?

If you have questions about my adventures or wonder what other people are doing, leave a comment and see where the conversation flows.

Please note that your comments are checked for content, any spam or inappropriate comments will be removed.

~ Meet Me Outdoors