Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spokane, WA

These last few days after Seattle have involved mostly driving and staying in places that are in very small towns, starting with the not so small town, more like a small city of Spokane, WA. 

Tour Train of Riverfront Park
From Seattle we took a train to Spokane, WA which is a place that actually a decent size city in the eastern part of Washington. While there we walked around the Riverfront Park.  The park has lots of fun family things to do. There is a carousel, tour train, and amusment park rides. Embracing our inner child, we went on the dragon coaster, which is one of those mini roller coasters for kids. It was a nice day out so there were lots of families around enjoying the last days of summer before the school year begins.    

Through out the park area there were some interesting sculptures.  This one under the bridge caught my eye, but the one we were in search for was the big red wagon. As you can see from the photo, it is a super-sized Radio-Flyer red wagon that kids can climb on and slide down the handle.  I joined the fun and slid down, too.  It was a great way to start the day before hitting the road with lots of driving.

Me going down the slide as kids watched
Besides the great time playing in the park, I made some interesting observations of the natural side to the park.  There were ducks and geese around in the water, but what caught my eye was the water itself.  Coming from a place where water tends to look murky at best in the harbor, I was rather surprised how clear the water was at the park. I could see all the way to the bottom. I had to take a picture of it because it was just that amazing.  Crazy I know, but I live in a city where you can't even see an inch below the surface, so this was out of the ordinary for me.  
From Spokane we picked up our rental car and started our big drive. I can safely say that I have seen places where there are more trees than people, and lots of wide open spaces. This final picture, was taken when we stopped at random to take pictures of the natural sights along the scenic road we were driving.

More to come as the adventure continues, Meet Me Outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write your comments here. Or you can send an me email with drawings or photos of your findings: meetmeoutdoors.mail@gmail.com.

If you are not sure where to start here are some ideas to get you started:
- Why do you like to go outdoors?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where is your favorite outdoor place to explore?
- What adventure would you like to see me go next?

If you have questions about my adventures or wonder what other people are doing, leave a comment and see where the conversation flows.

Please note that your comments are checked for content, any spam or inappropriate comments will be removed.

~ Meet Me Outdoors