Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Views of the Boston Harbor

Since it was my last day in Boston I decided to go take one last look at the Boston Harbor and walk along the water front.   It was a bit cloudy but really nice out.  The waterfront area is very walkable in fact there is actually an interconnected pathways and boardwalks long the waterline that is part of the Boston Harborwalk. There are blue signs along the walk to mark the area and you can get a map on their website. I just walked it without a map following the edge. On the harbor there are lots of places to go and explore that are family friendly and just fun for any age.  There are harbor cruises, whale watches, islands with old forts, islands with great picnic areas and hiking areas and much more.  (Ideas can be found on the Boston Harborwalk site.)  I have been to some of the islands in the past but didn't have time to go back.  But I know that it will always be there for a visit.

These pictures I took with my camera phone since I didn't have my camera with me.  I took them on the northern part of the harbor, it was a short walk from Faneuil Hall Marketplace were I started my harbor walk.  The marketplace not only has great shopping and restaurants but also has street performers and activities for the whole family.  I saw a juggling act, musicians and dancers as I was passing through.  It was a fun time overall.  I hope that I will be able to find similar kinds of places to go and see now that I am in Baltimore.  Come along and join in on the adventure, Meet Me Outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write your comments here. Or you can send an me email with drawings or photos of your findings: meetmeoutdoors.mail@gmail.com.

If you are not sure where to start here are some ideas to get you started:
- Why do you like to go outdoors?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where is your favorite outdoor place to explore?
- What adventure would you like to see me go next?

If you have questions about my adventures or wonder what other people are doing, leave a comment and see where the conversation flows.

Please note that your comments are checked for content, any spam or inappropriate comments will be removed.

~ Meet Me Outdoors