Monday, August 19, 2013

Outdoor Discovery Schools-LLBean Freeport, ME

LLBean's Outdoor Discovery Schools allow people to try out various activities such as kayaking, archery, fly fishing and more.  They are introductory classes where they take you out on location and teach you new skills. Today, I chose archery.
I signed up for the discovery course day of at their booth, but you can sign up on their website or by calling in advance. It is something I can see families doing or group of friends. Most of the courses have an age minimum.

The picture of me in front of a giant boot is right outside the retail store for LLBean their flagship store in Freeport, Maine. I was standing far enough away that it looks like it is the same size as my head. If I was standing up next to it the toe of the boot is about chest high.

After you are signed up all you have to do is show up at the booth 10 minutes before class time.  From there, they gather the group and take you by bus to the location. For archery they took us to a archery range, went over safety rules and then gave the group an introductory lesson.

As you can see from the picture of me holding my target I did it pretty well. Most of my shots hit the target paper and I even got 3 in the bull's eye yellow circle.  The instructor was very good at helping us improve our aim.  When I really focused, I did well.

I might do another discovery course later this week if there is time. Enjoying the adventure, Meet Me Outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. I love the adventure, I love the opportunities you're taking advantage of. And I admire your skill in archery! I'm seeing a wonderfully large moon out tonight - come meet ME outdoors!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write your comments here. Or you can send an me email with drawings or photos of your findings: meetmeoutdoors.mail@gmail.com.

If you are not sure where to start here are some ideas to get you started:
- Why do you like to go outdoors?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where is your favorite outdoor place to explore?
- What adventure would you like to see me go next?

If you have questions about my adventures or wonder what other people are doing, leave a comment and see where the conversation flows.

Please note that your comments are checked for content, any spam or inappropriate comments will be removed.

~ Meet Me Outdoors